The phirni is a sweet from Kashmir, as beautiful and gentle as the place itself. A milk sweet that’s sure to capture lots of attention when served.
01. Milk - 1 litre 02. Sugar - 250 g 03. Rice Flour - 50 g 04. Rose water - 6-8 drops 05. Almonds - 15 g 06. Pistachios - 15 g
01. Peel skin the almonds and pistachios by immersing the hot water and then in cold water one after the other. This makes it easier.
02. Dissolve the rice flour in a small portion of the milk and mix till there are no lumps. Now combine with the remaining milk.
03. Cook over a medium flame, the rice flour and milk mixture for about 20 – 30 minutes till it becomes smooth and creamy. Stir continuously.
04. Add in the sugar and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes more. 05. Remove from flame and add the almonds, pistachios and rose water. 06. When the mix cools, pour out into a serving dish and refrigerate. 07. Half and hour and your phirni is ready to serve!